I’m Q McCallum. I’m a consultant, writer, and researcher. My work centers on applying emerging, disruptive technology to business use cases.
People mostly know me from my work in machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI). I’ve managed to mix professional experience in that domain with a range of public-facing projects such as books, articles, conference talks, and podcasting.
More recently I’ve been researching web3. I capture my thoughts on the world of blockchain, cryptocurrency, NFTs, and metaverse in a weekly newsletter called Block & Mortar.
My technical experience has been shaped by a deep interest in the financial world, which has led me to study risk/complexity, N-sided marketplaces, and asset bubbles.
If you’ve landed on this page you are likely looking for one of the following:
- My consulting practice, through which I apply a risk management approach to AI strategy, product guidance, and due diligence services.
- My blog on a mix of ML/AI, marketplaces, and risk.
- A list of books and articles I’ve published and select speaking engagements.
- My O’Reilly Radar articles, which are typically longer reads on topics as varied as remote work, N-sided marketplaces, automated machine learning, and navigating the pandemic.
- Block & Mortar, my web3 newsletter on all things web3.
You’ll want to review the disclaimer.